PressTrends, (“PressTrends” or “we” or “our”), makes available a service that enables theme developers to collect and track certain data and information regarding the characteristics and activities of visitors and site owners on websites that use their themes and to view certain analytical reports based on such data and information (the “Service”). A website operator that desires to use the Service must execute a separate online agreement with PressTrends (a website operator that executes such an agreement, a “PressTrends Customer”). Under such agreement, PressTrends grants the PressTrends Customer a license to use certain software code that, when installed in a theme, collects and tracks certain data and information regarding the characteristics and activities of visitors and site owners to a website (collectively, “Website Usage Data”).
PressTrends complies with the U.S. – E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S. – Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Union and Switzerland respectively. Information regarding the both the E.U. and Swiss Safe Harbor Frameworks can be found at: http://export.gov/safeharbor
As used in this policy, the terms “using” and “processing” information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization or among our affiliates within the United States or internationally.
Website Usage Data Collection
Themes containing the PressTrends will measure information related to posts, comments, and plugins. The PressTrends tracking code does NOT track any personal or user information.
Information Collection and Use
Personally Identifiable Information.
- When you register with us through the Site, as a PressTrends Customer, we will ask you for personally identifiable information. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information includes, but is not limited to, your name, phone number, credit card or other billing information (if applicable), email address and home and business postal addresses. We use your personally identifiable information mainly to provide the Service and administer your inquiries.
- We also collect other non-identifying information that you provide as part of registration (e.g., without limitation, zip code (on its own) and individual preferences).
- We use your personally identifiable information (in some cases, in conjunction with your non-identifying Information) mainly to provide the Service, complete your transactions, and administer your inquiries.
- Certain non-identifying Information would be considered a part of your personally identifiable information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered non-identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine your personally identifiable information with non-identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other PressTrends Users (defined below) to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Service and to analyze and understand how our Site and Service are used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
- We also use your personally identifiable information to contact you with PressTrends newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or update your “user preferences” information. (See “Changing or Deleting Information,” below.)
When you visit the Site, whether as a PressTrends Customer or a non-registered user just browsing (any of these, a “PressTrends User”), our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site, pages of our Site that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Site, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Site and the Service and for the Site’s technical administration, to increase our Site’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor it to our visitors’ needs.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to PressTrends. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your account ID, login password, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information
We may share aggregated information that does not include personally identifiable information and we may otherwise disclose non-identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your personally identifiable information.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate our Site and Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Site’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Site and Service are used. These third parties have access to your personally identifiable information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
PressTrends cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of PressTrends or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
PressTrends may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your personally identifiable information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
All PressTrends Customers may review, update, correct or delete the personally identifiable information in their registration profile by contacting us. If you completely delete all such information, then your account may become deactivated. If you would like us to delete your record in our system, please contact us at hello@PressTrends.io with a request that we delete your personally identifiable information from our database. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We will respond to your request for deletion within 30 business days.
PressTrends is very concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.